Wednesday, February 01, 2006

the screw is out and i'm on my feet

Yesterday I had my third, and (hopefully) last surgery. It was a pretty quick one. They knocked me out and took out a very large screw. I woke up and viola! I am walking -- although still with the help of crutches. My ankle is very stiff and yes, painful but it is progress. Today I am wearing a pair of jeans for the first time in 6.5 weeks! Baby steps people, baby steps.

I go for a post-op with my surgeon next week. Tomorrow I get to take off the dressings and take a shower. Up until now I have been taking baths. I am also looking forward to shaving my legs! I will save that little tidbit for a later post.

I have to admit, when I started this blog I sort of intended it to have a doula slant to it. However, in light of recent events it is all about my broken leg/ankle. I apologize to all those doulas and potential doulas who found me via Doulicia's and Milliner's Dream. I promise that as soon as I start attending births again, I will write about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I think it has had a doula slant--your being doula'd!

:)

Tell us about why you became a doula, did you have a doula yourself and/or about your training and philosophy... :)

I am glad you are starting to get around and the screw is out. You are no longer screwed! Don't hurt yourself again, so you won't be screwed again.

You are improving! Woohoo!

Hh

February 01, 2006  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

P.S. Tag--you're it (on a meme I got tagged for...!) Hh

February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home