Wednesday, January 18, 2006

boob squishing on one leg

So as if recovering from my broken leg werent enough, today I went in to have a mammogram. I had scheduled this procedure long before my accident a month ago, and had made arrangements for a friend to drive me, so I wasn't about to reschedule it. I just wanted to get it overwith already.

If you have never had a mammogram before, let me set the scene: The procedure itself is pretty uncomfortable. You stand there naked from the waist up and are (wo)man handled into a huge machine which compresses your breast into a pancake between two plastic plates. Fun! Now try doing it while standing on one leg! Acrobats! Do I get extra credit? No? Nothing? Just more manhandling and squishing. Hurrah. I am happy to report that all my slides were good and easy to read. I didn't have to have any retakes. Phew!

Tomorrow I get to go back to my dr/surgeon. He will take off my cast (again) and check to see how things are healing. I may have more x-rays taken. (Jeez, soon I will be glowing in the dark!) These visits are pretty routine, he asks me how I am feeling, comments on what a bad break I had ("It was horrible"--a direct quote from him, I kid you not) and asks if I need anymore pain medicine. (No thank you.) Then its back home to my couch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

GOOD for you for going anyway...at least it was a change of scenery and made you forget the "horrible break" for a bit?!

Hh

January 20, 2006  
Blogger T$ said...

It actually was exactly what I needed. The night before it had snowed about 3 inches and every tree branch was covered and it was really, really beautiful.

My dr. appt yesterday was fine. The highlight for me was going to the secretary of state to get my handicapped tag! The next highlight was going to Dunhams and picking up some more sport/sweat pants!

All in all a very big day for me.

January 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home