Wednesday, January 25, 2006

the excitement, it is mounting

So big things are finally happening around here. For the past 5 1/2 weeks I have been sitting around with my leg propped up on pillows and watching the world pass me by. HOWEVER, things are beginning to change.

Excitement #1 -- I purchased my Darth Vadar Boot on Monday. (The Darth Vadar boot is also known as a walking cast). This device will enable me to finally begin to put some weight on my right leg after I have my quick and (hopefully) painless outpatient surgery next week. I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow, and he will be taking off my hard cast and replacing it with this boot. He will also be taking some x-rays tomorrow to check on the healing. Hopefully things are coming together nicely. I plan on weaning myself off these crutches next week. I really want to chuck them aside and start walking, but I am realistic, and I can see with my naked eye the amount of muscle mass I have lost by not using my right leg over the last 6 weeks. I am realistic that I won't be running right away.

Excitement #2 -- We are heading to the waterpark this weekend! Brooke turns 5 on February 3rd. Her two best friends have birthdays that are within 2 weeks of hers. A few months ago I consulted with the other moms of her friends and we all decided it would be fun to take the girls to the waterpark for their birthdays. Lets face it. When your birthday is in the dead of winter, it is challenging coming up with new and fun things to do. This will definitely be fun. And even though I can't play in the water this time, I plan on having fun anyway. The moms have all decided to get SPA TREATMENTS! I am scheduled for an aromatherapy massage at 10am Saturday. Please remember to avoid the leg! Actually avoid them both, as they haven't been shaved in the last 6 weeks.

Excitement #3 -- I am actually beginning to get out of the house! It is really great. I have been venturing out here and there over the past couple weeks. Last week I went with the family to the kids tennis lessons and lunch. Today a friend picked me up and we also went and had lunch. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home