Monday, January 02, 2006

things i am learning about myself as i sit on the sofa and recuperate

1. I can eat raisin bran for any meal.

2. I am adjusting too easily to being waited on. Brooke gave me a dress-up crown today because she said I am the queen and everyone else in the family is my "slave".

3. I am getting worse at Sudoku the longer I do it.

4. I have the attention span of a gnat.

5. I have absolutely no disciplinary power over my kids right now.

6. Narcotic drugs make you constipated.

7. Milk of Magnesia tastes like ass.

8. Yesterday I bathed completely by myself, without help from anyone! (I am thrilled by the little victories.)

So as you can see (I hope) I have not yet lost my sense of humor.

2 Comments:

Blogger doulicia said...

Perhaps you could incorporate observations 1, 2 and 6 together and have someone serve you Raisin Bran with prunes in it instead of raisins?

I'm glad you haven't lost your sense of humor. I think it's about all that gets you through something like this. That and the knowledge it's not a permanent condition.

January 05, 2006  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I cannot imagine being sofa-ridden. It must be the best (relaxing) and the worst (cooped up and needing help) without the right circumstances (like, say, being on a cruise ship or a tropical island.)

Hang in there!
Hh

January 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home