Thursday, September 08, 2005

an open letter to milo, my 11 month old puppy

Dear Milo,

It has been a little over 9 months since you have joined our family. I knew I was a goner when I saw you frolicking with your brothers and sisters on that surprisingly warm November afternoon. You were a roly-poly tumble of golden fur, and we loved you instantly. We brought you home and the training began.

The first few weeks of house training were challenging. I had forgotten what it was like to take care of a little baby. And taking you outside to go potty at 2 am was something I had conveniently blocked out of my memory from previous puppies. At least during one of our nighttime trips I got to see the northern lights!

But you are now almost a year old and I have but one thing to say, enough with the chewing already!!! It is strange, but you seem to have a preference for Brooke's things. Maybe in a past life you were a four year old girl. Gone are many markers, colored pencils, My Little Ponies, Barbies, tennis shoes, and game pieces. Not to mention the plant pots, tennis balls destroyed and generally anything that is plastic. Many a tupperware bowl you have left in your wake. We do love you and despite all of your puppieish behaviors, you are becoming a pretty well mannered dog. I even enjoy taking you for walks, you are honestly the best leash dog I have ever had... but seriously, it's beginning to border on the ridiculous.

As we near your first birthday, we thank the dog gods that you found us. But please, for the love of Snoopy, STOP CHEWING UP OUR STUFF!!

Love,

Your mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home