Monday, August 29, 2005

birth story (abbreviated)

I just wrote a novel about the birth I attended last weekend. In reading it over, I felt like I went into way too much detail, and realized I don't want to reveal that much information without my client's consent.

So, here is the short version: Mom's water breaks,(weeks early) and couple go to hospital a few hours later. I am called in 5 hours after she is admitted. Shortly after I arrive, she requests an epidural. She dilates quickly and is ready to push. She pushes for 5 hours, without progress and baby is born by c-section. Baby and mom are well. Not sure why baby never really decended, she was diagnosed as "arrested descent".

This mom was a total champ during her labor. She was cheerful and agreeable during her extensive pushing stage. She was in so many different positions I lost count. In the end, she had her baby and everyone was healthy. It was an unexpected turn of events from start to finish.

1 Comments:

Blogger ColinKlinkert said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home