Thursday, June 30, 2005

AAYYYYYIIIEEE get me out of here

I can't believe that I am taking time to post this. I have had the craziest day. I am finally packed with the exception of a few things (kids shampoo, plastic soap dish, portable DVD player). It looks as if we may have to travel without the DVD player. On our last trip the adaptor that plugs into the cigarette lighter thingy broke and I have been knocking myself out all day trying to find a replacement. The one that I got doesn't work. Oh well, the kids will have to travel old school and count cows and play the license plate game. They just better not drive me crazy. WE ARE ON VACATION DAMMIT! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING FUN!

Oh and Andrew has come down with strep throat. Why, oh why do my kids always get sick right before we take a trip? In Feb. Brooke had croup right before we went to Florida. The last time we went to North Carolina, she was getting over an ear infection and I had to schlep liquid antibiotics across the country with me (refrigerated of course). This time I opted for the chewable variety. Andrew says they don't taste as good as the "pink medicine" but it's ok.

As I write this, Mark is finishing up his softball game. He will come home, shower and we will hit the road. For traveling music, I just received a copy of the Wilco show that I attended last week. Thanks to the Toledo guy that made a copy for me. It arrived just in time for my road trip.

Peace out.

1 Comments:

Blogger doulicia said...

safe travels! Sorry your departure was so chaotic. Hopefully that was the worst part of the trip and thing were all uphill from there.

July 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home