Thursday, March 10, 2005

this is my aloe plant

This aloe plant is out of control. The thing is the heartiest plant I have ever owned. Check out the asparagus bloom coming out of it! It bloomed a couple of years ago too.

I bought this thing at a local grocery store about 8 or 9 years ago. After I had Andrew I actually tried to kill it by sticking it in my basement. My thought was that I had a new baby I didn't need to take care of a plant too. Needless to say it refused to die and after we moved into our new house I transplanted. It was so happy! It had babies and bloomed. Now after much neglect over the past 2 years, it blooms again. I have had less luck with some other household plants. (photo to be posted later)

1 Comments:

Blogger doulicia said...

If you ever need to get rid of any of its babies, could I please have one? I, too, once had a crazy assed aloe plant. It grew so much that one day it fell off the window ledge it had been on for 2 years. I tried to put it back but it wouldn't stay. Its center of gravity shifted.

I am terrible with plants so I gave it to my mom and asked her to divide it and give me one of its smaller parts. She did, but something is wrong with the soil or the plant because it's slowly been wilting away. Now there's only one leaf left and I think it will fall off any day now. Then I'll just have a pot of dirt.

March 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home