Thursday, February 03, 2005

birthdays and basketball

So today my daughter turned four. It was a crazy day from start to finish, but I did find myself reflecting on her birth this morning. She was born at 9:54am so as the morning went by I tried to remember the details of her birth. When the hour finally did strike, I was observing her in her montessori class room. I was a little in awe as I watched her walk around the circle and serve her classmates the banana muffins we made. As a doula I am surrounded by birth a lot, but obviously my kids' births are my favorites. Even my son's which was extremely hard and resulted in a vacuum extraction, I still can look on with fondness.

The hilarious part of my day was this afternoon. I am a basketball coach. I have to admit right here, I have no earthly idea what I am doing. I have never played organized basketball, yet I am coaching kindergartners. I did have a good time however. The kids are excited, eager and relatively well behaved. We ran drills and everything!

Off to bed. A long day of birthday celebrations and athletic practices really takes it out of me.


1 Comments:

Blogger doulicia said...

I had no idea you were a basketball coach. You are a woman of many talents T$.

February 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home