Thursday, March 30, 2006

back in the saddle

This is going to be about physical therapy and getting back to doula work!

Firstly, the physical therapy is going pretty well. It is sad to discover just how out of shape I am after 3 months of recuperation. I have been to 4 therapy sessions, and I am doing various exercises at home. So far it is going ok, but I am pretty tired by the end of the day. The biggest surprise is how sloooowly it is taking to get back to "normal". My ankle is still pretty stiff, but I am able to walk longer distances and am gaining more stamina with each passing day. I still have miles to go, but I am happy about my progress so far. Having a kicking mp3 player loaded up for PT also makes it more fun.

Also! I had my first prenatal with my next client last night. This is my first "official" repeat client. Even tho I attended that awesome birth nearly 2 months ago, this will be my first real repeat. The nice thing about having previous clients hire you again is you get to reconnect with people! Also there is history between you and the couple. This couple is due Memorial Day weekend and I couldn't be more excited about assisting them again. We had a great chat last night where we laughed about the last birth. (We were all surprised about how quick it was-- 2 hours from start to finish). I am really looking forward to getting back to work.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting back to doula work! I'm sure the hard work at pt will pay off soon! You'll be surprised.

April 02, 2006  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I find that repeat clients with fast births the first (and second and third...) times are women who manage to cope well in labor and remain relaxed...

...but go over everything anyway--kind of debrief on the birth, what she wants this time...what she liked and didn't last time, and mostly revisit roles--doula and partner roles to clarify and make sure everyone is on the same page!

Hh

April 02, 2006  
Blogger T$ said...

Thanks Hannah!

April 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home