Friday, March 03, 2006

not that I need to offer any excuses...

I haven't been able to post much lately because I have been hanging out with my kids all week while they are on break. Like I said, I don't need to give you any explanations or excuses. Really! Is there even anyone out there? Hello? Helloooooo?

I must say, it has been a fun week. I was a little nervous at first. The thought of being alone all day with my kids was a little daunting. Actually, no. The daunting part was being home with them and not being able to get in the car and take them somewhere fun if need be. There is only so much you can do at home until it gets boring. And there are only so many times I can yell "Turn off the TV or you are grounded!"

Under normal circumstances (like before I broke my leg) we could hop in the car and go to the library or to a friend's house or to the hands-on-museum or something. Being unable to drive has been the hardest part about the whole thing. However, our babysitter put in a few extra hours this week to help me keep them entertained. It was extremely helpful.

Last year during "mid-winter" break we went to Florida. (I suggest a name change. "Mid-winter break?" It is now March people, lets hope we are at the END of the winter!) Florida was great, we visited friends, went to Disney World and the Kennedy Space Center. A good time was had by all. This year we had to make do with a sleep over, the natural history museum and bowling. The kids had fun, but it really wasn't the same.

Tomorrow we are heading off for a quick get-a-way to the other side of Michigan. (I need to at least feel like I had a vacation!) We will be going to a butterfly exhibit and staying at a hotel with an indoor pool. Boca Raton it aint, but it will have to do for now.

Tuesday brings my next visit with my orthapedic surgeon. All I want to hear come out of his mouth is that my bones are mending and I can start physical therapy. Oh yeah, and that I can start driving.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here I was leaving you alone because I knew you had your break this week! sorry for abandoning you.... and THANK YOU for the e-mails. I really, really needed it!
Have a great time. I registered my oldest for Kindergarten this past week. Eep! Have a safe and fun trip!
K

March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home