Wednesday, February 15, 2006

today's tiny victory: clean shaven legs

As I have been going through this healing process, each day I try to focus on the "little victories". Things that under normal circumstances I would not think twice about, but since my accident take much more time and thought. These tiny victories have ranged from learning to walk on my crutches, to carrying 2 things at a time -- one item in each hand. (Which I accomplished yesterday).

The one luxury I have been looking forward to since this epic odyssey of mending began, was shaving my legs. I had to wait a couple of extra weeks for all of the dead skin to slough off so that I could shave my legs without adding further injury to my legs. Today was the day I had been looking forward to over the last 2 months. This is the razor that I used. I took a picture of it, but it came out really blurry. We received this in the mail as a free sample a few weeks ago. I have been saving it for this express purpose. It is the same razor I talked about in this post a while back. I still find that whole thing hilarious. Make sure you click on the onion article. It still makes me pee when I re-read it.

I am having a hard time posting another picture within this post so stay tuned for an "after" pic.

The photo above is a picture of my legs after not shaving them for 91/2 weeks. EEEEWWWW! Believe me they were much more gross in person. Also take note of the loss of muscle in my right calf as opposed to my left. Pretty weird.




Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can remember getting my husband to do it for me before heading out to physio!
What kind of sadistic things are they making you do?
K

February 15, 2006  
Blogger T$ said...

I actually haven't started PT yet. So I may have been a little premature on shaving my legs, but seriously, I just couldn't take it anymore!

I start going to see my agent of torture after my next OS appt. which is on March 7th. So much fun to look forward to there! I am sure I will be blogging about it.

February 15, 2006  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Oh, I hate to admit it, but I can top that--and I don't have the excuse you have!!!

Hh ;)

February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home