Friday, February 10, 2006

the one where I promise a post

I have a bunch of ideas of things I want to post. I just can't seem to get them organized into a cohesive list. Or as my friend Seth would say "I can't get my poop in a group."

I am thinking about my/our client who was due yesterday. I was supposed to go to this birth. It was to be my first "repeat" client. Doulica will be attending her. I may go to the birth anyway if the timing works out. The couple was hoping for things to be "just like last time". I have news for them, it most definitely will not be just like last time. Because IT NEVER IS! All births are different no matter what. I hope I can go and at least sit in the corner and try to be a calming presence. Even though I can't walk, I can still hold the space.

Brooke had a good week at school and as a reward we are going to watch Wallace and Grommit and the Curse of the Wererabbit. I will be making popcorn and I will be using real butter.

Happy Friday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I have four previous clients who have contacted me to attend them again...(was five, but sadly one has miscarried.) It is so hard knowing that I can't accept them all. I feel ya'.

Hh

February 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you... I read this post before heading out to the hospital with a my client/friend on Friday night ... I thought as I was getting settled in the van with her and her husband...
I hope I help keep the space for them.
It was my first hospital birth. My second client/friend.
K

February 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home