Wednesday, August 10, 2005

the things you see with cable tv

I am not a technical wizard by any means. I can surf the internet, blog to my little heart's content and even post pictures on flickr. I cannot build a web page or speak any computer languages. My husband can and that is one of the many reasons I married him. He can do complex math problems and runs a computer business. In short, I love that about him. I am the liberal arts major (theatre with an art minor) so I am good at the arty things and I like that about myself too. I think we compliment each other nicely.

Last night, worlds collided.

A while back we got a new TV. Our old one broke and Mark took the opportunity to go buy a new one. A really big HDTV one. I knew nothing about HDTV and really didn't know what the big difference was. I was more pissed about the fact that he wouldn't even take it in to see if it could be fixed. (We gave the old TV to his brother and lo and behold all it needed was a new on/off switch). Anyway, the new TV arrived at our home and not long after that a new HDTV cable box arrived as well. Mark was all atwitter about watching football in High Def. Woooo Hooo! as Homer Simpson would say. Since that time our cable company has added a new feature called "On Demand". This generally means you can see almost any show you want that is on their menu any time you like. Miss last week's Six Feet Under? No problem, fire it up and catch it when you can. Andrew has figured out On Demand and is a virtuoso at it. He mostly watches Corwin's Quest and Austin Stevens Snake Master. He is also partial to American Shark. He can navigate the remote better than his mother (big surprise).

So imagine my surprise when I was surfing on the "on demand" feature lastnight when I found a Lifestyles option. I boogie down to the Parenting selection. What to my wondering eyes should appear, but a childbirth preparation selection! Birthing options {click} Labor positions ("ooh check this out") {click}

WOO HOO!

AWESOME! This HDTV stuff is cool! (This is where the worlds start to collide!) Not only am I engaged in a new television technology, but it is centered around birth. Awesome! The birth classes were taught by Erica Lydon from Realbirth in NYC. The Labor positions episode that I watched was great! I only hope that they don't disappear from my "On Demand" menu. I will have to figure out some way to share them with my clients. Maybe Andrew can help me figure something out... he is his father's son.

1 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Oh, no! Am I going to be put completely out of business (since I am also a busy childbirth educator) by ON DEMAND?!

Hh

August 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home