Wednesday, October 18, 2006

bag progress

So! I started this bag almost immediately after I finished my hat on Sunday night. It is going to be a striped felted tote bag. This is the first time I have swtiched color of yarn and I have to say, it is not that hard! Woo Hoo!

You have to knit the thing in stockinette stitch which as you may know causes things to roll up a bit.
That is my hand and a roll of duct tape show the actual progress of the bag. I have to make 24 stripes for the bag to be complete, and I am almost half way done. I have completed 10 stripes so far. I am on a roll!

The next challenge will be to sew it together, I have yet to sew anything together at all, so I will be seeking out help. I am happy to be doing a felted piece, as I understand any mistakes are forgiven once you put the thing in the washer and it shrinks up. I will post a pic of the thing when I am finished! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Bebu said...

I just started knitting, and I have been looking at these felted bags. I am looking forward to see how yours end up. I am working on my first sweater right now, so I'll wait until i'm done with that to try the bag otherwise i'll never finish anything!

Have fun knitting!

October 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home