Sunday, October 15, 2006

the knitting post

Here it is. The post you have been holding your breath for. THE KNITTING POST!

I am a sporadic knitter. I am not a brave knitter, but once I get on a roll, watch out! I can whip out a hat in 2 days!

What you see on the left is my "Mendocino hat". I purchased this ball of yarn last summer on our vacation at a local farmer's market. It is hand spun and I believe hand dyed. It is totally cool and awesome and I couldn't wait to make a hat out of it. In order to accomplish this task, I had to learn how to decrease. Also, I had to use the double pointed needles of death! SCARY! I must admit, they are not as scary as I first thought. So I started knitting this hat weeks ago during one of Brooke's soccer practices. All was going well, I even got the dang thing on the double pointed needles of death. Then I started to decrease and things got confusing. Come to find out it wasn't really my fault. The pattern was misleading. Anyway, long story short, I had to rip it all out and start over. I started over a few days ago, and finished this evening.

The Result!

I am on my way to more knitting challenges! Next: a striped felted tote bag! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger doulicia said...

Hey! Congratulations! It looks very cute. Damn! DPN and decreases and everything.

October 16, 2006  
Blogger T$ said...

Thanks!

The pattern said to rib 6 and then k2tog. I talked with Erika and she set me straight, to do 6 stitches and then k2tog and so forth. It did seem to be taking a long time doing it the way the pattern said, so I would have had to rip it out anyway. I am so happy that I finished it!

October 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home