Thursday, November 17, 2005

ya can't hear it on the radio...

Sorry to go right back to the Wilco line of thinking, but for some reason I really can't help it.

I had lunch with doulicia earlier today. She bought my lunch because she owed me money($1.50) from the Jeff Tweedy tickets - (now I owe her money). We had a nice chat about the show last week and not surprisingly, managed to cover some doula stuff as well. (Yes I am still doing doula work, although I have taken a bit of a break for the holidays). Anyway, after lunch I strolled over to Borders and picked up the new Wilco disc Kicking Television. I was a bit reluctant to buy it right away because it is a live disc and I have a couple of bootleg discs from around the time this was recorded. The discs sound pretty similar to what I already have with the exception of the sound quality (sorry all my friendly disc-trading buddies!) but, I am glad I got it because -- It. Does. Rock.

I have seen the band about 6 times now, and whenever I see them it's like getting together with some old college friends or something. I think it has something to do with how these songs are just so embedded in my day to day life. Hardly a week goes by without my listening to one of their discs. And don't get the wrong idea, I'm not a stalker or anything, its just that this music is very much the soundtrack to my life right now. Ever have a band or movie that you just really connect with? Right now it is this band for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger doulicia said...

I am smiling that you went out and got it. I feel guilty, or like an enabler!

November 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home