Wednesday, November 09, 2005

TWEEDY!

As if my weekend in Miami wasn't enough fun, last night I saw Jeff Tweedy in concert! I am a HUGE Wilco fan, and have seen the band about 6 times. The most recent being this past summer. When I found out that Jeff Tweedy (lead singer and songwriter for the band) was doing a short solo tour, I held my breath to see if he would be playing anywhere in my area. I was thrilled to find out that he was going to play right here in Ann Arbor at the Michigan Theatre. I saw Wilco at the Michigan a few years ago, and it was one of my favorite shows ever. Last night did not disappoint.

I won't bore you with a set list, but will point out a few highlights: Sunken Treasure, California Stars, Summerteeth, Gun, Someday Soon (which he claimed the crowd did not know, but I for one, was singing my heart out), Passenger Side, Acuff-Rose....you get the idea. Doulicia attended with me as well, and I hope that I did not annoy or embarass her and her hubby too much by all my "woo"-ing. I had a great time.

And Dear Mr. Tweedy, please come back to Ann Arbor soon! And bring that cute drummer with you!

2 Comments:

Blogger doulicia said...

Hey! I "woo"ed too. You probably just couldn't hear me because you wooed louder. Neither of us was embarrassed. And I hope to go with you the next time Wilco comes to the area so I can get up and dance with you. :)

November 09, 2005  
Blogger T$ said...

Glad to hear that you are still willing to be in public with me at a Wilco show. We are so there the next time they hit town...and yes, there will be dancing!

November 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home