Wednesday, October 26, 2005

adventures in parenting Vol. 2

I apologize for the return of the totally lame post title. However, it is called for.

The virus that had Andrew vomiting over the course of 4 days last week has now spread to my daughter. She came home from school yesterday and was complaining of a tummy ache. After an hour or so of general malaise and whininess she agreed to get into some jammies. I was helping her into her jammies when the alien life force in her stomach projected its contents all over her bed covers. (Why must the bed covers always be involved!) I hoisted her up on my hip and sprinted to the bathroom. I felt so bad for her as she cried/puked for the next few minutes. Her thoughts then went to the next day.

"Now I won't be able to go to school tomorrow! (whaaaa!) Will you call my teachers and tell them I can't come to school tomorrow? (whaaaa! whaaa!) Mommy, my tummy feels better now."

I parked her on the couch and placed the blue bucket on the floor next to her. She slept well through the night and is feeling better this morning. She is happily watching Sesame Street as I type this. May this adventure come to an end...

2 Comments:

Blogger doulicia said...

ah, the blue bucket...every house with kids must have one!

Thinking of you. Stay well yourself!

October 26, 2005  
Blogger T$ said...

thanks doulica,

I am hoping this plague passes me by. I will know in 3-5 days.

October 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home